At Fiberplane, we're reshaping the DevOps landscape by defining the future of collaboration for infrastructure teams, and by putting a programmable SRE environment at the fingertips of engineers everywhere. Our first core product is Fiberplane Studio, collaborative notebooks for investigating and debugging infrastructure incidents.
We are looking for an experienced Rust developer that can help build our backend and API that facilitates real time communication and integrates with existing time-series databases and logging services.
Fiberplane is based in Amsterdam, but remote work is possible and we are flexible on location around the CET timezone.
We previously created Wercker, a container-native CI/CD platform that was acquired by Oracle.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to, maintain and optimize our backend infrastructure and API's.
- Architect scalable services to power our real-time collaborative layer.
- Support the entire project lifecycle (inception, design, build, test, deploy and support).
- Design, build and maintain Rust-based tools/libraries to help the internal team and external users to build on, debug, instrument and extend the Fiberplane platform.
You'll thrive in this role if:
- You have experience with the Rust programming language
- You have an understanding of Rust async stack and Tokio
- You have strong knowledge of data-structures and algorithms
- You're efficient at writing maintainable code
- You're big on documenting your work and your code
- Experience with Kubernetes and containers a big plus
- Understanding of DevOps and SRE practices a big plus
- Experience with WebAssembly (WASM) a big plus
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Open vacation policy
- Hardware of your choice
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you want to join us, and include your CV. Not an exact match to the above? We'd still very much like to hear from you about how you think you can help us achieve our mission.